BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Introducing Pound Fries

This Friday we will have our very first guest blogger here at Lame Adventures. I know, I know. It seems a little early to bring in the replacements, but I’m here to tell you, this will be quite a treat. I’m pretty sure lbfries is going to win over our vast readership of seven dedicated individuals with her charming personality and brilliant wit.

I had showed the blog’s homepage to another friend of mine, who asked, “who is Pound Fries?” after reading the list of contributors. Pound Fries? What? OH! I get it! Actually, lbfries is just her street name, but Pound Fries kind of stuck, so from now on she will be referred to on this blog as Pound Fries. Every time I think of it I picture that Chuck E. Cheese Whack-a-Mole game where you smack fuzzy rodents on the head, but instead I see crinkle cut fries popping up and being pounded with a mallet. Or, inspired by my recent state fair visit, deep fried pound cake.

Pound Fries is a friend and coworker of mine at the university and when I told her that I was starting a blog, I asked her what I should write about. Doesn’t every blogger blindly start a blog with no topics or ideas in mind? I thought so. Pound Fries had many exciting suggestions, none of which I knew anything about. Great. Not only am I unprepared to start a blog, I’m also unqualified.

One of her suggested topics was The Real Housewives of Atlanta and I had to admit that I don’t even own a TV… and even if I did, I wouldn’t have cable. So, at that point, we determined that Pound Fries would be our resident TV junkie. Stay tuned…

1 comments:

Carina said...

The phrase "pound fries" immediately brought images to my mind from college. From the FanDeli specifically. Their cheese fries were a solid block of greasy potatoes and cheese. It was like eating a sludge brick. Ugh.