BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sensible Shoes

I dislike wearing sensible shoes. Sensible shoes are comfortable, but unattractive. And you can't wear unattractive shoes with attractive clothes. I have issues with things going together. I wear black shoes with black pants and brown shoes with brown pants and I just don't wear blue pants at all because I don't know what color shoes to wear with them. I wear dress shoes with dress pants and skirts and I wear sneakers with jeans. My clothes and shoes have to be on the same dressiness level.

I have a whole closet full of businessy black pants that should be worn with black pumps; they are the appropriate style and length to be worn with heels. However, I can't stand to wear high heels every day. They hurt my feet. I have bad feet. I would go into detail, but I am pretty sure no one wants to hear about my podiatric issues. The only appropriate place to talk about your feet problems is in the podiatrist's office. And then, only if someone asks.

Since I select my clothing based on the shoes I want to wear, today I am wearing a pink polo shirt and brown khaki pants with my spiffy brown Nikes. While my Nikes are cool as far as sneakers go, they're not particularly professional looking. I wish attractive shoes were more comfortable!

3 comments:

Glynn said...

I too wish there were more comfortable, but stylish shoes. Either you are in extreme pain or you look like an eighty year old, which neither is acceptable.

Carina said...

I really want to buy a comfortable, lady-like pair of brown leather boots. I've wanted some for several years. Art keeps saying, "You already have some brown boots!" They are my work/hiking/rock climbing boots with thick soles and big rounded toes. He just doesn't get it!

Lilibeth said...

My most comfortable shoes are crocs...but they aren't dressy enough to teach in. I've shed a few tears over this. (Actually, I've worn them a few times and stayed hidden out in my classroom so nobody will correct me on it...my room is my castle, right?)