BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Necklace?

We had a fun time visiting family out of town this weekend. One of our lame adventures was a shopping trip with our cousin to a super-cool mall. One of the stores had a matted pile of pretty, beady goodness on a little plate. At first we thought it was just a lump of prettiness. Later we realized that it was in strands. Necklaces for only $6! After some frustrating untangling, Lisa and I both chose one, excited about getting a great deal.

Lisa was walking away to continue her shopping, when with great disgust she said, "Julie, this is NOT a necklace. This is a eye-glass holder!" She was right. The little rubber grippies should have given it away immediately. Unfortunately we were too dense to notice right away. Lisa dropped hers back on the plate "like it was poison" (her words, not mine).

I understood that it was an eyeglass holder, but I still loved it. I could do a little tinkering and no one will ever know its true purpose. I decided I needed it anyway.

This morning I got two pairs of needle-nose pliers and took off the rubber grippies. Now it's just a necklace. I think it's cute. I love it. I think Lisa gave up too easily. What do you think?


3 comments:

Glynn said...

I think it's cute! Good job on the crafty handwork!

Carina said...

Lisa's a purist. She can't help it. I think you did a great job with the fix up!

Lilibeth said...

Looks great to me. Did you save the grippies? Who knows. You might need them some day for a play prop.