BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkins and Schnetke

This weekend was the big Pumpkin Festival in a nearby town. Mom and I went and braved the conditions. We didn't know we were being brave until we were at the Pumpkin Festival. I was wearing a sweatshirt and she was wearing a little windbreaker. Our attire was perfectly appropriate for the car ride, but it was a bit colder outside than we were expecting! We hurried through all the vendors. Since neither of us are big wearers of bold, chunky jewelry, there were very few booths worth spending extra time in the cold weather. We did find one booth that interested us. They were selling schnetke. We were pretty sure we needed some schnetke. We were right. It was sooo good. Now I wish I had bought extra schnetke to put in my freezer. For now I will have to ration it. I suppose I could learn to make it for myself. That would definitely be a lame adventure. Probably a messy one too. We would have to post photos. Anybody want to come to my schnetke-making party? Preferably, anyone who already knows how to make it.

1 comments:

Kelsie said...

I do not know how to make schnetke... Actually I don't even know how to pronounce it. However, I would attend your schnetke-making party with a smile!