BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Camping Cake


Two cake successes in a row make me awesome, right? Maybe not. Or maybe I wasn’t actually successful. In this week’s cake decorating class, we did camping cakes. The finished cakes were very cute. Mine might have been cuter if I hadn’t run out of “grass.” It looked a little snowy in places on my camping scene. A few of my “campers” even sunk into the snow.
This is my fire. I think the fact that it is the same size as the tent makes it more realistic. When was the last time you saw a bunch of boys go camping without a ginormous fire? List time we had a campfire, we had two fires. I'm not really sure why this was necessary, but the guys seemed to understand.

Next week we are practicing an Easter theme. I am picturing a grand basket-shaped cake filled with icing Easter grass. We are supposed to bring candy to fill our baskets. I wonder if they make Jesus candy. It seems awfully wrong to leave Him out of it. This week’s mission: find Jesus candy.

2 comments:

Glynn said...

Your camping cake looks fabulous!!! I do appreciate the gigantic fire!

Brenda said...

Not only does the cake look neat it tastes WONDERFUL!!! I am very excited about J & K taking the class because we get to enjoy the "class projects".