BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Alarm Clock Issues

Last night before I went to bed, I had to reset my clock because my electricity had gone out at some point during the day and caused it to get off track. I glanced at my watch and reset the clock. Then I reset the alarm to wake me up at 7:00. I need to leave for work at 7:30 and it takes me about 20 minutes to get ready. (I have a pretty low maintenance morning routine.)

This morning I was sleeping comfortably and woke up naturally and glanced at the clock. It said 7:08. Uh oh! I had set the alarm for 7:00 pm instead of 7:00 am. No problem. I can easily make up for 8 minutes. I got up, got ready for work, then looked outside. It was still dark. I looked at a different clock. Apparently the passing glance I gave my watch the night before was not adequate. I had actually gotten up at 6:08! I hadn't overslept at all.

Not only had I set my alarm for 7:00 pm, I had also set my clock for an hour earlier than it actually was. I already knew that it was a bad idea to be setting my clock when I was tired, but this is just ridiculous.

You know what I did when I realized I was completely ready to leave for work at 6:23 am? I got back in bed. Fully clothed. And I reset my alarm for 7:20. Then when it woke me up again at 7:20, I snoozed for another 9 minutes. Because I could.

Now, tonight I have to remember that my alarm is set for 7:20 and I need to change it to 7:00 to avoid being ready too late instead of too early!

2 comments:

Kelsie said...

This is officially my favorite story of the day!

Carina said...

Lisa, that sounds more like something I would do!