BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Cupcakes




I’m learning to be the best cake decorator ever. My first cake wasn’t that exciting. Maybe I will eventually post pictures of the progression of my abilities. Recently I ran across this contest online at the Thyme For Food blog for Valentine’s Day cupcakes. This contest came at a great time, It gives me a chance to practice! My entry is plain, but I’m new at this! I’m pretty proud of myself. I even used strawberry extract in my icing instead of vanilla. It's really yummy. Who even knew they made strawberry extract? I didn’t, until today! I'm not sure how C. and I are going to eat 24 cupcakes, but I'm pretty sure the girls in my Sunday School class will be glad to help us out.

4 comments:

Kelsie said...

They turned out really cute! I'm helping Gail make a heart cake. we are such good students doing extra homework!

Mom said...

Julie, How cute!!!

Lisa said...

I sure do hope you win! Those cupcakes look mighty tasty. I wish you were coming to my Sunday school class tomorrow.

Glynn said...

They are pretty tasty looking! But definitely not in my new and improved diet which is actually a pretty funny story!