BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

I am a very lucky girl. Blondie was very sneaky with his Valentine's Day gifts. He told me that he was going to cook dinner for me on Sunday, so I thought that was going to be my Valentine's Day present. He caught me by surprise by sending me flowers at work on Friday, which was very sweet and unexpected. Sending flowers is very much against his thrifty principles, so it was very special.


Last night before we started cooking dinner, we emptied the dishwasher. When I opened the cabinet to put away the plates, I found the little green box. I gasped. Needless to say, I was surprised again! I didn't quite know what to think. I was thrilled with flowers and dinner. I wasn't expecting anything else.

In his note, Blondie referred to the phial of water containing The Light of Earendil that Galadriel gave Frodo before embarking on his quest in The Fellowship of the Ring. He explained that he did not have any star light, but the best he could do was a carbon copy to remind me of him. The little green box contained a diamond (carbon) pendant necklace. I don't know which was more beautiful: his words or his gift.

1 comments:

Glynn said...

OOH blondie did well! The everlon knot collection! I want the earrings that match your beautiful new necklace :)