BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Homemade Pizza

Yesterday I attempted a project. For some of you wannabe Martha Stewarts, you might find this project menial and simple, but this was a doozie for me. It required a special trip to the grocery store for yeast. Yeast is not a standard item in my pantry. My project yesterday was homemade pizza. Well, it was mostly homemade. I did make all the ingredients for pizza, but when you read the recipe wrong, things don't always turn out very tasty. I put 3/4 of a tablespoon of onion powder in the pizza sauce instead of 3/4 of a teaspoon. The taste was rather bold. So I did try, however we were much better off eating the stuff from a jar. Next time I will get it right! I used the Pizza 101 Article from Our Best Bites, and I definitely recommend it. They give illustrated step-by-step instructions on all of their recipes. Anyone should be able to follow their instructions, unless you are like me and misread the instructions!


This is my crust. It actually looks like crust! And a little like a crispy tortilla. My second one came out a bit less bubbly.



Yummm. Doesn't this make you hungry? We got a pizza stone for our wedding, and it is really neat. It makes perfect pizzas!

I can't wait to have the leftovers for lunch!

3 comments:

Kelsie said...

That looks SO yummy! My homemade pizza has never looked like that. You can always bring pizza to work sometime.

Karola said...

I started making pizza's some time ago - it took me a couple of tries to get it exactly the way I wanted it, but now Jeff thinks my pizza is better than most restaurant pizza's. I love using a pizza stone - it adds to the whole pizza experience. Making pizza yourself is so worth it - and you can go wild with the toppings. Your's looks great - I wish we could add the smell to the computer...keep on making pizza. I am and my famnily loves it.

Brenda said...

Is this where we place our order??? Looks yummy and having tasted some of your other creations I know that it was.