BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Lame Events

Since the last time I posted anything, a lot of stuff has happened! I have attended lots of functions in the last couple weeks. Even though none of them were really lame, I'm still going to use this forum to describe them!

Julie had a cozy little get-together at her house two Fridays ago. It was the regular family gathering that we try to have once a month, but this time there were many people absent. There were only six of us, but it was still nice. We ate some rare burgers and stayed up late talking about anything and everything.

The following week, I attended the funeral of one of my favorite Sunday School teachers ever. She always had a vast supply of Jolly Ranchers and Starbursts for students who knew their memory verses. She was a wonderful lady who was loved by everyone. I don't think I have ever seen that many flowers or people in our church. I saw the mayor, the chief of police, the town doctor, preachers from other churches, friends, neighbors, family members, and many other people I did not recognize. The service was lovely and she will truly be missed.

Later in the week I attended the final session of the leadership academy I have been participating in this year. I have had so much fun getting to know my classmates and visiting various communities around the state. Here is a photo of our class on the last day--I'm in the middle. I am really going to miss seeing all of these people every month! Since we all like each other so much, we have decided to try to get together quarterly to keep in touch.



After the session prior to this one, a few of my classmates and I went out to a local pub where they happened to be playing bingo that night. One of my classmates actually won a game, which was pretty exciting for our group! I was out shopping one day not long after that and found a cute little teddy bear holding a bingo card. It reminded me of that night, so I got it and sent it to Tracey, one of the ladies who was there that night.

Tracey had the brilliant idea to make him the traveling "bingo bear." Whomever has "bingo bear" is responsible for hosting the next get-together. Right now Shawn has "bingo bear" and will be inviting all of us out to her farm for a calf fry this summer. After the calf fry, she will pass "bingo bear" on to Claudia who will then invite the crew to her birthday party this fall! I can't wait!

After our informal graduation ceremony, I hurried back so I would be able to attend the university's math department's senior banquet. Blondie is an alumnus of that department and they had asked him to give the keynote address at their banquet. I certainly didn't want to miss the opportunity to hear him talk about math! He did a great job; I was very proud of him.

This week has been just as busy as last. I attended a reception given by the state regents on Tuesday and yesterday I attended training seminar (far) off campus, so I was glad to be back in the office today. Tomorrow I am looking forward to having lunch with Pound Fries and then relaxing over the weekend!

2 comments:

Carina said...

You're like the western OK version of a world traveler, Lisa!

Kelsie said...

I LOVE O'Connell's! Makes me miss home. I hope you like it as much as I do!