BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Easy Lasagna and Green Beans

I made a mighty tasty supper last night! I used Julie's simple lasagna recipe, which requires a few lasagna noodles, two pounds of ground beef, a can of spaghetti sauce, a tub of cottage cheese, and a bunch of shredded cheese.

First, I boiled 9 lasagna noodles and then drained them on paper towels. I like to get as much of the water off as possible to avoid making the lasagna runny. While the noodles were draining, I browned two pounds of ground beef in a big skillet. The recipe doesn't call for it, but I added a few onions and a little seasoned salt. When the meat was done, I dumped a big can of spaghetti sauce over it and mixed it up. I assembled all of the ingredients to make everything easy to prepare.


I started with a layer of the meat/sauce mixture because I didn't want my first layer of noodles sticking to the pan. Then, I layered three noodles, more meat/sauce, some cottage cheese, and shredded cheese. I did that again, and that's what you see here. This is the middle of the assembly process:


And here's the finished product, all ready to cook:


I stuck it in the oven at 325* for 30 minutes and this is what I got:



In addition to the lasagna, I made some quick garlic bread and while the lasagna was cooking, I made Pioneer Woman's fresh green beans. Blondie's mother gave me a whole pile of them from her garden and they were quite tasty prepared this way.

This lasagna can be prepared ahead of time, stored in the fridge or frozen, and then cooked later. It's great for company!

3 comments:

Glynn said...

I make a similar lasagna only I take out the pound of meat, and use spaghetti sauce with italian sausage in it, and mix it and the cottage cheese together in a blender. Other than that it's the exact same and it's yummy!

Lilibeth said...

Much easier than my recipe. I'll have to try it. In fact, I could eat some tomorrow. Hmmm. maybe.

zentmrs said...

Simple - and sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!