BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Memorable California

This is (finally) the follow-up to my vague vacation blog comment about Pirate's Cove being memorable.

We had just had a tasty picnic lunch on the beach and embarked on a (much) longer than anticipated hike. When we approached Pirate's Cove, we had to climb down a steep bank to reach the rocky part of the beach. We stopped on the rocks for a moment to take off our shoes before making our way out to the sandy part of the beach. Justin and Christina disappeared behind a giant boulder and Blondie called me over to where he was standing. He asked me to look into a small opening in the rocks and while I was looking away, he pulled out the ring and kneeled on the rocks. When he caught my attention again, he asked me to marry him.

Needles to say, I was pretty surprised!  And of course, I said yes.

He had nervously carried this ring around with him all day, and when he opened the box, it had come loose from the little nook where it had been placed. It almost fell out on the beach, but fortunately he grabbed it in time. Christina took several photos of us after he proposed. Here is one:

If I had known I was going to get engaged that day, I might have tried a little harder to look nice, but after a hike like that one, I doubt it would have done much good anyway!

4 comments:

Carina said...

I think you look lovely. =)

Naomi said...

Congratulations, again, Lisa! The two of you are beautiful together!

Kelsie said...

Congratulations Lisa!

Brenda said...

Congratulations Blondie!!! You are getting a beautiful lady.