BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 25, 2010

Ribbit!



A few days ago I was outside feeding the kitty-babies and this guy came jumping out at me. He's ginormous! I had to take his photo. I really wanted to poke him with a stick, but getting close enough to take his photo was risky enough for me.

Most people who know me, know I have a very specific, very strange, list of things that frighten me. Frogs and toads are on this list. I don't know if there is a good reason for being afraid of toads, but the freak me out. Possibly because of they way they jump into my personal space bubble unexpectedly, and for no particular reason. I like to keep my personal space bubble fairly empty of strangers. Toads are strangers.

For most of our younger years we lived in a lovely house in town that was next to a creek. Apparently this creek was a wonderful breeding ground for little toads. These little toads invaded our yard in the summer. While Lisa was able to pick them up and play with them, the little buggers freaked me out. I had a fear that I might step on one barefoot and feel it squish and crunch under my foot. That was the main thing that scared me. Ugh! The thought still creeps me out.

Excuse me while I go wash my feet.

0 comments: