BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 9, 2010

Gnarly Kitty

Yesterday I was in the mood to be healthy, so Lucy and I decided to go on a little jog. Lucy is a very good partner. She stays with me, only stopping to roll in dead or stinky things or use the bathroom in the weeds. Back in the day when I still made her wear a leash, she would even save my life by yanking me into the ditch when I was listening to my mp3 player instead of paying attention for approaching vehicles. Now I jog in silence for fear of being run over by an oilfield truck. Lucy is a smart dog.


Our cat is stupid. I think this is why she decided to go jogging with us yesterday. I figured she would get bored halfway down the driveway and go back home, but she didn't. She isn't very fast, so she was behind the entire time she was with us. Every now and then, we would hear a meow as a reminder she was still there, and a polite request for us to slow down. As she fell further behind she had to yell her requests at us. Eventually, as she wore down, her polite requests turned into gnarly, pleading moans for us to stop so she could catch up. Eventually I stopped hearing her pleas, so I would look over my shoulder to see if she was still coming. She was a trooper for quite a while, trotting along behind us. The last time I saw her was 1/2 a mile down the road.


We were quite the funny-looking crew. Lucy leading the way, me behind, and a cat bringing up the rear. I'm pretty sure that was the last of the cat's walks. I don't think she enjoyed it. But then again, she's pretty dumb and she might try it again next time.

2 comments:

Lilibeth said...

Then again she might get in shape eventually. It kind of reminds me of me when I started walking...uh...uggh...groan.

Kelsie said...

I love this story! Poor kitty. You should have picked her up and carried her!