BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Kickin' Cats


Yesterday I told you how my stupid cat wanted to go for a walk with me. I don't think it was because she was particularly interested in getting her girlish figure back after having five babies. As you can see in this photo, it is because she has a need to constantly be under my feet. No matter where I go, she tries to walk between my feet. I typically kick her (gently, I promise) away, after which she promptly returns. I even preemptively kick her off the deck from the top of the stairs every time I go down them so she won't trip me. I will sacrifice the cat before I am willing to go flying head-first off the deck. I'm not sure why she still likes to walk underneath me, but she's obviously not the brightest cat.


Now the kitty-babies have been learning her bad habits. I feed the kitty babies on a little sidewalk that is between their pen and the silver barn. You can see the distance from my deck to the sidewalk requires a bit of walking. The big, stupid cat meets me on the deck, where I promptly kick her off, and the rest of the bunch meets me about halfway, where I try to be slightly more gentle with them. It is incredibly difficult to carry two cups full of cat food while trying to hop around ten cats. Someday I'm going to fall and go berserk on all of them. It's going to be ugly.
C's solution is to drag the stupid cat off somewhere and leave her so the kitty-babies don't learn her bad habits. He even asked me if she followed me home yesterday, in hopes she had gotten lost on the way. This seems extreme. Hopefully they are smart enough to learn their lesson when I get irritated enough to start kicking them, too.
On a side note...here are some photos of the kitty-babies eating their buffet of cat food. I think it's funny how the black one in the middle lays on the food to conserve it. The stripey one near the top just swipes at the others to defend its territory.
This is Lucy tempting fate by trying to steal their food. I brag about how she's so smart, but even smart dogs have no patience when it comes to cats. She doesn't even like cat food, but she would rather eat it than let them have it. Someday they will catch on and claw her in the face. It's only a matter of time, and it's possible I won't be there to protect her.

1 comments:

Kelsie said...

You have enough animals to open a petting zoo!