BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Road Trip!

I have been a bit lazy about posting my vacation/wedding photos from a few weeks ago. It isn't due to lack of photos; it's mostly due to lack of motivation. We had an amazing time! The drive was long, but that is the best part of a road trip. It's fun to see the landscape (which is mostly corn, where we were), and get so bored that your conversations turn into hilarious nonsense.


After the wedding, our first entertainment stop was Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky, Ohio. It is on the shore of Lake Erie, so I got to see my first Great Lake! The park is filled with amazing roller coasters. I believe this one is the Mantis, where you basically stand up for the entire ride. I was surprised at how cool this was. Instead of whipping your neck around, a lot of the shock is absorbed by your knees, making for a much better ride.


Our next stop was Chicago. We rode this ginormous Ferris wheel during our day there. Another highlight was eating lunch at a little cafe on the pier. We sat outside! Fellow Oklahomans know what a novelty this is. It is far too windy to enjoy a meal outside here. At no point did I worry if my napkin would blow away or that my French fries would blow into my lap during a wind gust. I would love to go back to Chicago and explore the city. I would also love to spend another day at the Navy Pier, just sitting there and watching people. Chicago seems like a fun city.


Another of our activities was "exploring" the downtown area in search of Millennium Park and the Cloud Gate. By the time we found it, I was hot, sweaty, and sticky, but we got lots of super cool photos. I was so impressed by the amount of small, neighborhood parks we found during our tour of downtown. Everything was so trimmed and clean. And everyone had a dog trotting along on a leash in front of them. It made me miss Lucy.

We had a great time! But after five and a half days away from home, I was glad to be back. And after a few moments of pouting, Lucy was glad to see us, too!

2 comments:

Anita said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I have not been to Chicago in a few years, but I always enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by and entering the giveaway!

BKWilliams said...

Love your photos. I have never been to Chicago, but you make it sound like so much fun.