BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Review

This was a very nice Thanksgiving!

Blondie and I went to my granny's house on Thanksgiving Day for lunch and spent some time with my extended family. Some of my aunts and uncles and cousins were there, and it was very nice to visit with them since we get to see them so rarely. We had a delicious meal--Granny made the turkey and dressing and okra and her daughters brought the sides. Our mom made macaroni and cheese and sweet potato casserole.

Later in the afternoon, we made our way toward home and joined Blondie's mom's family for Thanksgiving dinner. We had another traditional Thanksgiving meal and everyone shared something they are thankful for. Blondie is thankful that people (his dad) let him borrow their stuff and that I let him live with me. I am thankful that he is willing to live with me.

On Friday I went shopping with Blondie's mother and sister. We didn't get up early to try to catch any of the big sales, we just had a leisurely day of shopping and eating at my favorite "restaurant," Taco Factory. I picked up a couple of Christmas gifts and then when I got home I wrapped all of the gifts I had acquired so far.

Saturday evening Blondie and I went to his parents' house for dinner with his immediate family. We had a non-traditional meal, which was quite welcome after all of the ham and turkey. Then we watched the OU vs. OSU football game on TV. Well, the guys watched the game while I read a book.

Since Blondie's other grandma always cooks Sunday lunch for the family every week, she typically has her holiday meals on Sunday as well since everyone is going to be there anyway. I love this arrangement! You always know what to expect, which allows you to plan for other things. We had another turkey dinner with special desserts for the family members who don't get to join us every week.

I wasn't really excited about returning to work after all the nice time off, but it's only a few weeks until Christmas! I'll be ready for another break right around the corner.

0 comments: