BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Recap

I went back to work this week after being off for almost two weeks. It was so nice to be able to sleep in every morning and lounge around all day!

We did have an action packed holiday season! We had dinner and Dirty Santa with Blondie's maternal grandparents on December 21, I made seven casseroles for the freezer on December 22, we enjoyed verenika and family history with Blondie's paternal grandmother on December 23, we had a relaxing Christmas Eve with my family on December 24, we spent the day with Blondie's family on Christmas Day, we attended Cirque du Soleil on December 26, then we took a break for a few days. We tried to celebrate New Year's Eve with Art and Carina, but Mim got sick, then we had one last Christmas celebration with my mom's extended family on New Year's Day. Whew!

Here are a few photos from the festivities at my parents' house.

Our traditional "silly socks" photo. I got these scented fuzzy socks at Bath and Body Works. We'll see how long they maintain their aroma.


Mom got a flashlight with a magnet, so when she has to change a flat tire at night, she can stick it to the frame of her car and have adequate light. Or she can wait patiently for AAA with confidence that if she had to change a flat at night she would have the proper equipment.


Daddy received a wildlife camera that he plans to use to keep an eye on the nocturnal activity around his hay bales. Apparently some critters have been vandalizing his hay supply.



Blondie and I gave all of our mothers and grandmothers wedding photo albums for Christmas. I am a little surprised C cared to glance at it, but he does seem a little preoccupied with the approaching hotshot.


In reality I'm not twice as big as Blondie, I just happened to be closer to the camera in this shot. It was otherwise a good picture, though, so I decided I could overlook that flaw.

2 comments:

Carina said...

We were at Grandma T's on the 23rd. I think you switched something.

the Provident Woman said...

Glad you had a great holiday.