BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

I have decided to take on a new challenge. No, I'm not going to commit to working out or flossing every day. Starting next week, I am going to try to document my Wednesday wardrobe for all of blogland to see.

I follow one blogger who photographs her eccentric outfits every day of the week. There's no way I'm going to try that, because people would quickly get bored of my black pants and lack of accessories. I'm not very fashionable. I don't like spending a lot of money on clothes. I work in an office and wear regular clothes to work. But surely once a week I can come up with an outfit worth showing off. Surely! Another blogger I follow has started posting her Wednesday clothing choices once a week, and that is much more reasonably within my ability! I'm going to do this mostly because I think it will be fun, but also for other various reasons.

It will keep me accountable. If I commit to photographing my Wednesday outfits for the world to see, I have to wear something worth showing off. I am definitely not a very stylish person, and I don't really care about fashion. Unless something is comfortable, machine washable, and goes with everything else in my closet, I don't want it.

It will force me to be creative. I wear jeans way too often and I have too many pairs of black pants. After everyone has seen my rotation of outfits, I'll have to come up with new combinations. Perhaps readers will have suggestions

It will require me to post something regularly! I've become a slacker about posting on the blog and if I have a schedule to stick to, I'll be much more likely to post regularly.

I hope this ends up being something fun and exciting. Much like other experiments in my life (piano lessons, basketball, golf), if I hate it, I'll quit. I make no promises of exciting outfits or fashion advice, but maybe my fashionable readers will be able to give me some tips!

1 comments:

BKWilliams said...

This is going to be fun! When you get old like me you will appreciate the black pants more. I have enough for every day of the week. Just have to grab a pair of black pants and a colorful top.