BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pioneer Woman Book Signing

On Saturday Julie, Carina, and I went to the Pioneer Woman book signing at Full Circle Bookstore in Oklahoma City. We have all been PW fans for a long time and we decided this would be a fun outing.

We got there early and picked up our books that I had pre-ordered. Quite a crowd had formed by the time PW actually took the stage. She was a little nervous that there was no podium, so Marlboro Man came to her rescue and delivered a podium to ease her anxiety. People asked questions, she answered, someone handed over an order of her beloved Sonic Pickle-Os, and a sweet redheaded ballerina asked if Cowboy Josh might be interested in her. It was fun and lighthearted.

After the question and answer period, PW signed books. We were in group 3, so we had to wait a little while to get in line to have our books signed. When I got up to go to the bathroom, I had to walk right by Marlboro Man and the boys and decided it might be fun to have them sign PW's cookbook. Right after I got mine, I sent it to PW to autograph, so I hadn't brought it. However, Julie and Carina each had one. The Drummond men were very gracious and tolerant of the hordes of women swooning over them.

It was finally our turn to meet Ree. I think we really bonded. She liked my necklace and she thought Julie and I were twins. Ree and I are BFF now. For real.

3 comments:

Carina said...

Hmm, well, I don't remember the bff thing bein' how it went down, but okay, I won't ruin things for you. ;)

I had a great time. Thanks for being our trip organizer.

Chandelle said...

Very interesting! Glad you were all able to go.

Kendra said...

how FUN!!! I so wanted to go.