BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 13, 2011

Business Cards

I'm somewhat of a collector of business cards. I pick them up everywhere I go to remember a restaurant I like or a store I want to visit again and I like to gather them on vacations to remind me of special places I visited.

This week I had to purge my Rolodex because it was packed so full that it would not close. Here are a few that I could not part with

The mechanic who keeps my car in tip-top shape:





The restaurant in Washington, D.C. where I ate with my colleagues during Small Business Week 2009 and a handsome stranger invited me to share his dinner:





Blondie's aunt, who was recently featured in Make and will make her artistic debut at Maker Faire demonstrating cyanotype printing:





A charming salon in a neighboring town:





My cousin, who makes fantastic jewelry:





The Japanese hardware store in Berkeley where Blondie splurged on his fancy Santoku knife:


The restaurant where Justin and Christina took us for dinner the evening we got engaged:





The restaurant where we ate dinner on our wedding night:



It was sad to see the cards that belonged to friends and acquaintances who had passed away and sweet to see the ones whose names had changed due to marriage. I will continue to collect these small reminders of people and places that mean something to me.

1 comments:

Kendra said...

Is Darci back to cutting hair? She cut my hair several months ago and then took some time off. I just love her.