BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder?

I've let almost a whole month go by without updating the ol' blog. That must mean nothing is going on in our lives, right? Not so much.

I've been extra busy at work because my boss got a promotion and has been reducing his client load, which means my client load has been increasing.

We had a big 4th of July cookout at my parents' house, minus fireworks because of the burn ban. We desperately need rain.

We've attended a couple weddings.

Blondie has been remodeling one of our bedrooms. He has stripped the wood floor, removed wallpaper, and scraped the popcorn from the ceiling. Next, he will texture and paint the walls and refinish the floor.

We're still waiting on our new oven. We ordered a new one and it didn't arrive when it was supposed to. Blondie called the company and they were so sorry, but they've been having trouble with their shipping company. It's supposed to arrive today. We'll see. After the stove arrives, we have to get a carpenter to modify the cabinetry and a plumber to install the gas line.

I made homemade laundry soap and homemade strawberry jam. But my house is a mess. So my homemaker status is neutral. I was very pleased with both of my creations. The soap smells so good and it's super cheap! The jam wasn't so cheap, but it's pretty tasty. No one around here has been able to produce any fresh fruit to speak of, so I used strawberries from the store. Blondie's grandma usually has delicious peaches, but not this year because of the drought.

And last, but not least, our best friends/relatives/neighbors moved out of state. It makes us sad to see them go, but it was a great opportunity for them. Art and Blondie are not only cousins, but have been best friends their entire lives and they lived around the corner from us. Since we spent so much time together, Carina has naturally become my best friend as well. I will miss her spontaneous invitations to get together for lunch at the Chinese restaurant where they know what we want to drink without even asking, lively conversations at Sunday dinner, and last minute plans to get together for leftovers when the fridge is overflowing. Having a neighbor who is also your relative and best friend is just about as good as it gets.

That pretty much sums it up. I'm sure I left some things out, but those are the highlights. What have you been up to this summer?

1 comments:

BKWilliams said...

Looking forward to the laundry soap instructions!