BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Decorations

I usually try to get my Christmas decorations up during Thanksgiving weekend because I always have a Christmas Cookie Exchange the first week of December. That didn't happen this year, but I did get everything done in time! Most of my decorations are concentrated in the dining room. That's the only place where we really have space for the Christmas tree:





This table used to be behind the sofa in the living room, but we've rearranged and this is where it ended up. The table runner was a wedding gift from one of Blondie's relatives and I've collected the crystal candlesticks over the years. The little basket holds all of our Christmas cards. Eventually I'll go through those and put the photo cards on the refrigerator!



I have two wreaths like this that stay up all year. This year I added these burgandy bows and glass balls for a little Christmas cheer. Of course, when I tried to put on the first glass ball, I dropped it and had to clean up a little mess before I could continue with my decorating.



Here's a close up of some of our Christmas ornaments. You can see Obi-Wan Kenobe and Darth Vader from Star Wars at the top right, and the crew from Star Trek beneath them. Near the top center is an ornament the Julie made for me last year. She and C. cut little cross sections of wood and burned our initials into the wood and added a sprig of berries and twine. They're very cute!



Blondie is partial to the science fiction theme, but Snoopy is my character of choice. Here's my collection of Peanuts ornaments:



We don't have a chimney, so our stockings are hung on the china cabinet with care. The two center stockings match the table runner on the sofa table, and the two on the outside are just extra stockings I have. My stocking is already full, but I haven't peeked!



I'm linking up to Thrifty Decor Chick's Christmas Tree Party:



And The Nester's Christmas Tour of Homes:

5 comments:

Chandelle said...

Beautiful! Merry Christmas!

BKWilliams said...

Love your tree! The table is really pretty.

Lilibeth said...

The map looks really sophisticated in that frame.

Carina said...

It does, doesn't it?

Lookin' good, Lisa. Can't wait to see it in person. You can use those two extra stockings for the pets and Junior.

Miss Charming said...

It looks like Santa came early. We have some of those same ornaments. (Unfortunately, our Darth Vader's head fell off.)